Sunday, 1 September 2013

August 2013: Welcome On Board!

So for around the last two months I've been on the hunt for a new writer for the blog alongside myself and Sharlene, and last week I finally found that person. Let me introduce Lauren Mason:


I picked up my first fashion magazine aged ten and have had my sights set on fashion journalism ever since. I’m currently an undergraduate at The University of Salford studying Journalism and English Literature and alongside that I work as a Sales Adviser at Dorothy Perkins. I’m quite a creative person and can never settle on one thing – I write, I paint, I play music – but fashion has always been at the very core of my interests and I have been blogging for about 6 months now. I look forward to working alongside the other bloggers at TREND to develop our own insights on the British fashion industry.

What do you love about blogging/writing?

I've always loved writing: I seem to express myself much better in the written word as it gives me the chance to edit out some of the less intelligent things that come out of me mouth. . . I think the community atmosphere that bloggers share is really inspiring, and I love the freedom that we have to develop our own stories and ideas through blogging.

Why do you love fashion?

Fashion is essentially an art in my eyes, and I love the way that different people interpret that art. Whether it's a high end designer or just somebody passing me by in the street, I love that fashion has given them the opportunity to express themselves in their own unique way.

What's your favourite high street store?

I think different stores excel at different times of the year so that's a hard choice, but to choose one I'd have to go with Urban Outfitters. Its prints are unique and it has a really cool, edgy vibe without going too far. The combination of quirky yet flattering pieces is a great reflection of British style today.

What do you love most about British fashion?

The thing I love most about British fashion is its ability to constantly push boundaries and surprise people. Our individuality sets us apart from other countries around the world and I think we are the most daring when it comes to what we want to wear.

What's your favourite piece hanging in your wardrobe?

My favourite piece has to be my leather jacket from Topshop. I've had it for three years now and never get bored of it. It's such a timeless piece and can transcend from day to night really easily. I thought I'd lost it once and nearly had a panic attack - true love.

What's your favourite trend for Autumn/Winter 2013?

I'm really in love with the rose and dusted pink colours that were seen on the catwalk this season, especially coats as I think such a sweet shade would look beautiful set against a snowy winter's morning. I'm also on the lookout for a timeless faux fur coat this season - they're going to be everywhere.

Email me at l.h.mason@hotmail.co.uk, tweet me: @Lauren_mason_ and you can also check out my personal blog: www.stylepatchwork.wordpress.com
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...