July 2013: Cover Story: Miley Cyrus


She's fun, she's fearless, she's stylish and she's taken on a whole new Miley, a grown up and more sophisticated, stylish girl who couldn't be more further from the little girl with long, straight, blonde hair who we all knew once as Hannah Montana.

Around seven years ago Hannah Montana first emerged on our Disney Channel screens, alongside the amazing shows that made up my childhood, which were That's So Raven and Lizzie McGuire. Now, I have to be honest, I really am not a big fan of Disney Channel celebrities, especially from the newer Disney Channel shows of today, with me having quiet a hate for them and their stars, because of the bad acting, bad sets and unrealistic laughing from the fake audiences. At first, I had this hate towards the show, as it was one of the first shows of the new Disney Channel to replace the classics. Now no longer being shown on Disney Channel, I have a different view on Miley. She has done really well for herself, having released a movie and getting a recording contract to release some pretty catchy tunes (Party In The U.S.A always makes me get on the dance floor) but I don't mind having to admit that I was wrong, and that I have fell in love with her, not just for her style and fashion sense, but for her ability to try something different, it caused a shit load of controversy when it went global (but most people loved it anyway) I'm talking of course about her new hairstyle and all round style which is the exact reason I HAD to put the first non British star we've had in a long time on the cover for August.

She's effortlessly beautiful, with the kind of face and figure that can pull off pretty much any style and look, but I'm loving her 1990's homage she's styling at the moment, with her blonde spiky hair, double denim and stilettos, it's just so cool, to the point where you think 'I need to channel these looks', especially with the 1990's making a massive comeback for Spring/Summer 2013. She's featured quiet often on E's Fashion Police too, with all the guys loving her style, which coming from Joan Rivers is a massive compliment (we all know how honest Joan can be), but my favourite look I've seen her do so far has to be the Long sleeved Marc Jacobs mesh gown she wore to the Met Gala this year, teamed with Prada shoes and themed 'Punk', she showed that wearing something so simple and classic as a Marc Jacobs mesh dress against the kind of outfits that Sarah Jessica Parker, Katy Perry (although I loved Katy's Dolce & Gabbana dress too)  and Madonna wore can be even more of a killer ensemble and entrance and also proved that this girl knows her shit, when it comes to style, fashion and how to dress for herself and her figure.


What do you think of Miley Cyrus and her style? Leave us a comment below and don't forget to tweet us! (We love to hear your comments) @TREND__FASHION
NEXT POST

Comments

  1. i think shes amazing and and has grown into the woman she was meant to be


    www.fashionkween.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!