May 2013: Deborah's Top 5 MAC Make Up Must Haves!


There are many things in life I can do without, bananas, fish and marmite twiglets. One thing I can’t do without is undoubtedly MAC makeupI’m sorry to say I only discovered MAC about a year ago; I stumbled across it as I walked past Selfridges in The Trafford Centre and there it was, tucked away into the left of the store on the ground floor. I heard it calling me, it seemed to be whispering my name so I thought it would be rude not to answer their whispers, right? I had heard of the brand mostly through Sex And The City, numerous books I had read and a former work colleague of mine who swore by MAC and wouldn't buy anything else! so the brand wasn't totally unfamiliar to me.

As I browsed the counter I liked what I saw . . rows and rows of beautiful coloured eyeshadows, amazing coloured lipglosses that shone like glass when the light hit them. It was at this point I decided I have got to try this makeup. My first purchase on the counter that day was indeed one of their Lipglass lipglosses. It was a pinky colour and only cost me £17.00. The customer service on the counter that day was second to none (unlike other counters I used to shop on). They were attentive, patient and listed to what I had to say, I was hooked, and from this moment on I fell in love with MACI have gone onto buy several purchases since and never once have I been disappointed, and never gone back to the other counters. so here we go, here are my personal top 5 must have products from MAC make up.



A highly pigmented eye colour that goes on creamy but dries to an intense, vibrant finish. The next generation of a popular MAC formula, Paint Pots. This little pot of genius goes a long way and can be used on it’s own or as a base to another eyeshadow . It gave my eyes a lovely pale pink shimmery colour, ideal for the day and for the night I simply use a contrasting colour in the corner of my eyes to jazz it up.



A luxurious velvet-soft powder with high-frost metallic finish. which adds buffed-up highlights to cheeks, brows or anywhere on the body. This delightful powder highlighter really is a must have for me, it has a luxurious texture that glides over your cheeks and gives you a beautiful highlighted colour. I also brush over my nose and forehead and will give it a go over my bare legs (if we ever get any sun).



A Longwearing Lipglass that goes on smooth and lasts for up to six hours! Envelops lips with shine and colour and pro-longs the hours between re-application. This is a must have for my handbag and I will never buy another branded lipgloss as long as MAC are around! It comes in 15 wonderful shades (to suit all skin colours) and really does “what it says on the tin”.



Highly pigmented powder that applies evenly and blends amazingly. This eye shadow is also a must have for my makeup bag. It comes in all shades you could possibly think of and with a great price of just £12, you'll be hooked and start collecting them. The colours really do last all day!



So here we are at my number 1 favourite MAC product. It’s something us ladies all have at least one of. Yes it’s the humble lipstick. My favourite colour has to be Ablaze which is a really bright red and is a real stand out statement on the runway. This lipstick is THE must have for any handbag, be it Primark or Prada and is available in a array of shades!

So, what do you think about MAC makeup and what are you favourite MAC products? Let us know in the comments below or tweet us @TREND__FASHION and hashtag #DebsMacMustHaves.

NEXT POST

Comments