Sunday, 7 April 2013

April 2013: What I Strut Too!

So when it comes to fashion, it all starts with a catwalk, and what does every good model need to strut their stuff too down a catwalk? Music of course! So here it is, my top five favourite fashion songs to strut your stuff too (even if it is only down the pavement, I mean, you gotta strut your stuff somewhere and to something fabulous). 

No. 5


This song gave me goosebumps when I first heard it, and still does! The lyrics, the melody, the beat, everything about it makes me want to get up and strut. Now strike a pose.

No. 4


Featured in the S/S 13 show for Chanel, The Chromatics played live while the Chanel models strutted around huge wind turbines, what a beautiful ensemble.

No. 3


Featured in the J'adore Dior advert, I instantly fell in love with Gossip when I was mesmerised by the recreation of an on-screen legend, brought to life through Dior's wonderful imagination, Marilyn Monroe of course! J'adore!

No. 2


 An iconic song, by the legend that is Madonna, featuring iconic legends of course! "Greta Garbo, and Monroe, Deitrich and DiMaggio, Marlon Brando, Jimmy Dean on the cover of a magazine. Grace Kelly; Harlow, Jean, picture of a beauty queen, Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire, Ginger Rodgers, dance on air. They had style, they had grace, Rita Hayworth gave good face, Lauren, Katherine, Lana too, Bette Davis, we love you! Ladies with an attitude, fellows that were in the mood, don't just stand there, let's get to it, strike a pose, there's nothing to it, Vogue!"

No. 1


And finally, when I first heard this, my first thought was, really? And then I listened to it over and over and fell in love with it, every rule is a fashion guide. What was number three again?

So, what do you think? What are your favourite catwalk songs, or songs you like to strut your stuff too: whether it be down the street, to the dance floor or down a runway, comment below, and as always, let's be social:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...