November 2012: Cover Story: Ellie Goulding


When Ellie Goulding's career took off in 2009, I wasn't at first convinced about her music when I heard her first album 'Lights' even though her music and her image were always that of a sweet one, the second album was more appealing to me with it's use of lyrics, which is something I always listen carefully too when listening to music. I always liked her voice but the first album just didn't speak out to me as the second one has, and I think it's safe for me to say that I love every single song on her second album 'Halcyon', and it was for that reason that I was convinced that I needed to write about the fabulous, talented singer.

'Anything 'Could Happen' was the icebreaker to bring her album into the world with a number one slot for a little while for the single. Her new image with the shaved patch and pink dye on her hair was also something to marvel at giving her audience a more Gothic feel and look to the singer which I think is a fantastic way to go into this season with Grunge being a very popular trend. The singer has also completed a string of acoustic sessions and in 2010 released a cover of Elton John's 'Your Song' with fantastic results. My favourite songs from her new album have to include 'Figure 8', 'Only You', 'JOY' & 'Halcyon' with my fingers firmly crossed for the release of a string of acoustic sessions related to these songs and the album. Fashion is something she is remotely interested in with a unique and eclectic look, one thing she is often spotted in is beanies (good choice there Ellie, they're so comfy) from casual chic to dressed up for the town there is no denying she is interested in the Fashion industry. There is also no denying that the singer will have a very strong and successful career ahead of her in the music industry, and I look very much to see what she has in store for her fans, for people that haven't yet discovered her music and for the music industry.
NEXT POST

Comments