October 2012: Cover Story: Paloma Faith


Ever since bursting onto the music scene in 2009, she has always been rather a bit shocking when it comes to her music and her style. With this month playing host to the most important week's in Fashion's life (also known as Fashion Week) I thought it only right to showcase shocking new seasonal styles with just as shocking style & music from a woman who never fails to shock with excitement. And this was the exact reason why I wanted singing sensation Paloma Faith for my cover story for October.

The moment I first set my eyes on her, my immediate reaction was pretty much the same way that I reacted to seeing Lady Gaga "what the fuck". But now over the three years I've listened to her music and watched her grow as an artist, I have undoubtedly fell in love with her. Her first album 'Do You Want The Truth Or Something Beautiful' was wonderful and I particularly love the songs 'New York', 'Stone Cold Sober' & 'Do You Want The Truth Or Something Beautiful' from the album, so you can imagine how excited I was when I heard that she was finally after three years releasing her second album 'Fall To Grace'. My favourite songs from her second album have to be 'Picking Up The Pieces', '30 Minute Love Affair' & 'Just Be' all surrounding the theme of love and how we deal with the loss of it once the people we do love are gone. But my all time favourite song is her cover of the INXS song 'Never Tear Us Apart' which has been featured in the John Lewis advert 'Never Knowingly Undersold', her tone and pitch for the song is just perfect and her voice suits the song to a key, and I look forward to hearing what wonderful creations she comes up with in her future music career.

Looking at her Fashion I immediately think of a 1920's pin up girl,  the hair & hair pieces, the feminine structured tailoring and the detailing on her clothes is just wonderful. One of the things I love about her fashion is the fact that just like Fearne Cotton, she shops also on the British High Street aswell as the Designer stores. She is known for wearing Topshop amongst other High Street stores and I always look forward to reading about her in Fashion magazines about what stores and clothes she is wearing next. So whether you love her or hate or, it seems clear that her career in music and her style in Fashion is one that will flourish and she will continue to be on the British music scene shocking and bringing us great style for quiet a few years to come. 






All images are copyright to Robert Erdmann, including the cover story image which I have modified for my own use on my Blog. no copyright infringement intended.
NEXT POST

Comments